TRADE NAMES:Epi-Soothe Shampoo
Soothing shampoo is a soap-free, hydrating shampoo that cleanses while controlling the mild itch in dogs, cats and horses of any age with sensitive skin. Unique ingredients work together to promote a healthy skin and coat. Soothing shampoo is available only from your veterinarian, in 8 oz, 16 oz and 1 gallon bottle.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- Contains colloidal oatmeal to soothe, as well as anti-adhesive ingredients (deters topical bacteria and yeast populations), spherulites (provides a slow release of active ingredients) and chitosanide (a biopolymer that creates a protective film on the skin and hair coat)
- A soap-free shampoo used topically on dogs, cats and horses
REASONS FOR PRESCRIBING:
- Used to soothe and cleanse itchy, inflamed skin
- For topical management of dry and sensitive skin
Read and carefully follow the directions provided by your veterinarian.
Shake well before use.
Wet your animal’s coat with warm water. Apply shampoo to head and ears, creating a rich lather, being careful to avoid the eyes. Repeat procedure with neck, chest, middle and hind quarter, finishing with legs. To avoid getting soap in the eyes or ears, wash the face and outside of the ears with a soapy washcloth.
Allow the lather to remain on the animal for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly until water runs clear. For best results, follow with Soothing Cream Rinse.
The frequency and length of use of this product depends upon the condition being treated and your animal’s response to the medication. This product may be used daily, or as directed by your veterinarian.
WHAT ANIMALS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT?
- Soothing shampoo is not effective against parasitic infections (ie. fleas, ticks, etc.)
WHAT IF A TREATMENT IS MISSED?
If a treatment is missed, perform it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next treatment, skip the missed treatment and go back to the normal schedule.
STORAGE AND WARNINGS:
Store at controlled room temperature of 59-86°F.
Avoid getting it in your animal's eyes, ears or mucous membranes. Not for use in the ears.
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children and animals. For external animal use only.
Do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash hands after using.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- If skin irritation develops or worsens or you notice any unusual symptoms, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian
CAN THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITH OTHER DRUGS?
- Yes, but if your animal experiences any unusual reactions when using multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
WHAT TO TELL/ASK A VETERINARIAN BEFORE USING THIS MEDICATION?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- When will your animal need to be rechecked
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during treatment with this drug
- What are the risks and benefits of using this drug
- If your animal has experienced side-effects on other drugs/products
- If your animal has experienced any other medical problems or allergies now or ever
- All medicines and supplements that you are giving your animal or plan to give your animal, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your animal's medicines can be given together.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Notify your veterinarian if your animal's condition does not improve or worsens despite this treatment.
As with all prescribed medications, Soothing shampoo should only be used on the animal for which it was prescribed.
This is just a summary of information about Soothing shampoo. If you have any questions or concerns about Soothing shampoo or for the condition it was prescribed, please contact your veterinarian.