Marriottsville Animal Hospital
Is this your veterinarian?
2020 Marriottsville Road Suite A
Marriottsville, MD 21104
- Mon-Fri: 7:30am - 7:00pm
- Sat: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Sun: Closed
Marriottsville Animal Hospital is a full-service practice that strives to offer excellent care to our patients. We understand the uniqueness of each pet, and we are committed to working with each pet owner to help ensure his or her pet’s overall wellness. Our highly trained staff and state-of-the-art equipment are important to the care we provide, but that is only part of our story. You and your pet will be treated with care, compassion, and professionalism, which are critical to the friendship we hope to build with you. Call today to learn about our services or to schedule an appointment.
Marriottsville Animal Hospital Services
- Birds (Avian Medicine)
- Dental Care
- Fully Stocked Pharmacy
- Hospice and Euthanasia Services
- Laser Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Parasite Prevention and Control
- Puppy and Kitten Care
- Rabbits and Small Mammals
- Radiology (X-Rays)
- Senior Care
- We Will See Emergencies, and Then Refer to an ER if Needed
- Wellness Exams
Marriottsville Animal Hospital Staff Profiles
Dr. Ahmad Shah, DVMHospital Director and Founder
At Marriottsville Animal Hospital, Dr. Shah treats birds, cats, dogs, rabbits and exotics, but his previous experience comprises the treatment of large animals such as water buffalo and Arabian horses.
A native of Pakistan, Dr. Shah immigrated to America and quickly became adept at using cutting-edge equipment to ensure the advanced treatment and comfort of all animals.
Dr. Shah has been practicing veterinary medicine since 1982. With a true passion for animals, he treats every Marriottsville Animal Hospital client like a member of his own family.
Proud Pet Owner Of:
- Emmit and Simba…“my two feline family members!”
- Avian and exotic pets
- Owner and director of Glen Burnie Animal Hospital since 2003
- Graduated from Agriculture University in Pakistan in 1982
- Earned American Veterinarian Medical Association Certificate for foreign veterinary graduates
- Completed veterinary internship at the University of Tennessee in 1999
- American Veterinarian Medical Association
- D C Academy of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. H. A. Pooya, DVMVeterinarian and Surgeon
As Veterinarian / Surgeon at Marriottsville Animal Hospital, Dr. Pooya performs orthopedic and soft tissue surgical case consultations, diagnostics, and surgeries; administers postoperative care; and conducts long-term management of patients.
Dr. Pooya recently returned to Maryland, where he was born and raised, after 16 years of education and training all across the U.S.
Dr. Pooya has authored numerous publications in various veterinary journals, many of which have been presented at international surgical conferences.
Proud Pet Owner Of:
- Sheba, Maxx.
- Tibatian Spaniel, Tafi.
- Border Terrier, Hobbes.
- An aquarium of fish!
- Orthopedic Surgeries
- Completed nearly early six years of post-doctorate specialty surgical training
- Previously was veterinarian at a large specialty referral practice in San Leandro, CA
- Graduated from Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine in 1999
- Completed an orthopedic fellowship at the J.D. Wheat Veterinary Orthopedic Laboratory at University of California Davis
- Member of Phi Zeta (the National Veterinary Honor Society)
Valerie MillerPet Hospital Supervisor
With 35 years in the veterinary field, Valerie has gained experience in all aspects of veterinary medicine, especially through working in pet emergency services. In the past, she has supervised a staff of approximately 50 employees.
According to Valerie, “From cleaning a cage, to training an employee or assisting in surgery, I am at the peak of my profession and thrive on the diversity it entails. I am so fortunate to have the passion and love for a profession that is so rewarding.”
Proud Pet Owner Of:
- Shih tzu, Ralph.
- 35 years in various veterinary positions
- Graduated from Camden County College with an Associates in Science
- Took additional Marine Biology courses at Stockton State College