VCA Boston Road Animal Hospital
Is this your veterinarian?
1235 Boston Road
Springfield, MA 01119
At VCA Boston Road Animal Hospital, we look forward to serving you, your dog, cat and other pets. We believe that the better we get to know your pets, the better we can provide the best possible healthcare for them. When you come in to meet us, you'll see the sincere, kind and thorough care we provide to you and your pets. We will give you all the time you need with our staff members, and never rush you through the exam. We will carefully track the course of your pet's care, which is so important to your pet's long-term health.
In every case, you'll be served by experience, knowledgeable members of our staff. Our veterinarians, veterinary technicians and other pet-friendly personnel are trained to the highest standards. Their knowledge of the latest veterinary medicines and procedures, and state of the art equipment ensures that all our pet patients get the best in prevention and healing methods.
Local Medical IssuesThere are numerous local medical issues that can impact your pet's health, and that require your attention over the entire year. For example, there's heartworm, which can affect both cats and dogs. Since it's transmitted by mosquitoes, which thrive in our region, it's a serious cause for concern. But since the winter temperatures do not get cold enough here to kill mosquito eggs, it's a year-round risk. Likewise for the potential for flea and tick infestation, or intestinal parasites each of which poses a problem in any season. And finally, contrary to what you'd expect, allergies are a year-round issue. Many pets suffer from skin and ear allergies, the signs of which include scratching, redness in the ears, and "scaly" skin.
With winter fast approaching, it is very important to keep you pets away from antifreeze. Antifreeze is sweet tasting to your pet, and even a small amount ingested by your pet is very poisonous. Salt and other chemicals used to melt snow and ice can be hazardous to your pets. These chemicals can irritate your pets' paws, and if the pet licks their feet and ingest any of the toxic residue, they may become very ill. It is safest to use a pet friendly ice melt.