Ask Dr. Tina WismerView All Experts »

Are Mushrooms Dangerous to Pets?

Answer:

If your dog eats a mushroom bought at the grocery store, there is little risk of poisoning. Most mushrooms that are safe for people are also safe for pets. Wild mushrooms, unfortunately, may be deadly.

 Full answer ›
More From Dr. Wismer:

Sick cat Marijuana and Dogs and Cats: A Risky Combination
Marijuana exposure in pets, as reported to the ASPCA’s Poison Control Hotline, is becoming more frequent. Find out more ›

Cute Pet Videos

Tinsel the Hedgehog Looking for a video pick-me-up? These adorable clips are sure to make you smile.  Tiny hedgehog eats a tiny snack ›


Caring for Senior Pets

Senior Dog at Vet You may not want to think about your pet getting older, but it’s necessary for him to get the care he needs. Dr. Patty Khuly's take on the issue ›


TRICK OF THE DAY
There are many temptations for dogs, from a chicken bone on the street to a baby bottle on the floor to the household cat. But you can avoid potentially dangerous or messy situations.  Teach your dog the leave it command ›

The Best Pet Advice On the Web

Boxer Puppy

Vetstreet.com delivers advice from veterinarians, trainers and pet experts who are dedicated to giving you the most trusted, authoritative information for keeping pets healthy and happy. Our Find A Vet service connects you with leading veterinarians in your area. Launched in 2011, Vetstreet.com features veterinarian-reviewed medical advice and has quickly become one of the top animal health and lifestyle sites on the web.

Read More ›