Dinovite for Dogs and Cats: Nutritional Supplements to Support Overall Wellness
The concept of vitamin supplements for dogs and cats is not foreign. Just like nutritional supplements can help boost immunity and overall wellness in humans, pets can also benefit from similar products. The key is finding a high-quality nutritional supplement that is formulated specifically for pets, such as Dinovite.
According to an article published in Nutrition Today, an estimated 10 to 33 percent of dog and cat owners in the United States fed a pet supplement or nutraceutical (foods that contain health-related or medicinal additives) to their pet. As of 2019, the global pet supplement market size was valued at $637.6 million, a market analysis report from Grand View Research reveals. That number is expected to grow 6.4 percent from 2020 to 2027.
Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of nutritional supplements for dogs and cats, and what exactly Dinovite, a family-owned company and manufacturer of all-natural pet products, has to offer.
Benefits of Nutritional Supplements for Dogs and Cats
So does your beloved pet need a nutritional supplement of any kind? Essential vitamins and minerals support overall body function and can help pets fend off illnesses, fight disease, and boost energy levels. Life stage, activity levels, and overall health status can all affect your pet’s nutritional needs. While your pet may be already getting enough nutrients from food, there is a chance he or she could be deficient in certain vitamins and minerals. In this case, adding a supplement to your pet’s food can help balance his or her diet.
Cats, in particular, require high protein, moderate fat, and minimal carbs (1). If that diet isn’t being satisfied, a supplement with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and fatty acids can help fill the gap and correct any nutritional deficiencies.
If your pet is healthy overall, you may want to consider a multivitamin. Senior pets, animals battling illness, or those recuperating from injury or surgery may also benefit from a multivitamin. Supplements for hip and joint support, urinary support, digestive probiotics, salmon oil (for immune, heart health, anti-inflammatory, and cognitive support), lysine (for calcium absorbency in cats specifically), and stress relief can also act as health aids where needed. There are even supplements that can help your dog or cat maintain healthy skin and coat.
What Is Dinovite?
Dinovite makes whole food nutritional supplements for dogs, cats, and horses, in addition to meal toppers (like omega fatty acids and fish oil) and treats. For the purpose of this article, we’ll focus on products for dogs and cats.
Shipped throughout the United States and Canada, Dinovite offers a 90-day money back guarantee if you and your pet are not satisfied with the product.
Dinovite Product Line
As previously mentioned, Dinovite comes in formulas suited for both dogs and cats. When you shop their site, make sure you’re in the dog section or cat section based on the fur baby you have. The products are not necessarily interchangeable, as some may have different ingredients based on the animal it’s intended for.
Dinovite for Dogs
Dinovite’s whole food nutritional supplements for dogs contain vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, enzymes, and probiotics. Their formulas aim to aid pet digestion, promote a healthy immune system, and support good skin and a shiny coat. Ingredients include ground flax seed, dried kelp, vitamin E, and alfalfa.
Dinovite for dogs powdered supplements come in a 90-day supply for small, medium, large, or giant dogs. They are fed based on body weight, and the supply is specifically measured out for the size of your dog. They also have a version specially formulated for puppies that is available for small, medium, or large breeds. If you have more than one dog, there is a bigger package for multi-dog households that includes four different size scoops.
Simply add a scoop to your dog’s food, add a little water, stir, and he or she will take care of the rest! For additional nutrients (and tastiness!), you can drizzle the food with one of Dinovite’s liquid meal toppers, such as LickOchops or SuprOmega fish oil. They both pack omega fatty acids to support your pet’s body function. (LickOchops and SuprOmega are suitable for both dogs and cats.)
Other products in Dinovite’s line for dogs include:
- Dinovite canine liquid whole food supplement (provides the same nutritional benefits as the powder, but in paste form)
- SuprOmega advanced hip and joint supplement with glucosamine
- SuprOmega wild Alaskan salmon oil
- NubOnubs freeze-dried meal boosters in irresistible surf and turf and tasty tom turkey flavors
- NubOnubs freeze-dried dog treats (beef or beef tripe) and training treats (beef)
- YakOsnaks all-natural Himalayan yak chew
You can also purchase a dog bundle that features a meal booster, a treat, and a liquid meal topper.
Dinovite for Cats
Dinovite’s whole food nutritional supplements for cats contain amino acids, fatty acids, zinc, vitamins, probiotics, and other nutrients. Their new and improved formula is designed to support gut, skin and coat, and immune health. Ingredients include taurine, dried kelp, chicken liver and fish meal, vitamin E, and alfalfa.
Dinovite for cats powdered supplement comes in a 90-day supply and is fed based on body weight. (There is currently only one box size for cats.) Simply add one scoop to your cat’s food bowl, drizzle with LickOchops or SuprOmega fish oil, add wet or dry food, and serve!
Other products in Dinovite’s line for cats include:
- Dinovite feline liquid whole food supplement (provides the same nutritional benefits as the powder, but in paste form)
- SuprOmega advanced hip and joint supplement with glucosamine (same formula as for dogs)
- SuprOmega wild Alaskan salmon oil (same formula as for dogs)
- SuprOmega fish oil in gel cap form
- NubOnubs freeze-dried meal boosters in yummy chic n’ doodle flavor
- NubOnubs freeze-dried cat treats in salmon or rabbit flavors
You can also purchase a cat bundle that features a meal booster, a treat, and a liquid meal topper.
How to Use Dinovite for Dogs and Cats
Ready to make a purchase? Keep these important factors in mind:
How much product should I buy? Dinovite powdered supplements are fed based on your animal’s body weight. Weight recommendations are provided on the packaging. Liquid Dinovite products, on the other hand, are fed based on the amount of food the pet currently eats per day. (For example, 1 teaspoon is ideal for 1 cup of food per day.)
How long do products last? Powdered products come as a 90-day supply, while the liquid tubes last roughly 3-4 weeks.
Are there age restrictions? Dinovite is recommended for puppies and kittens (once they begin a solid food diet), seniors, and every age in between!
How should Dinovite be stored? These products are best kept at room temperature, but you can also freeze them. Don’t refrigerate them, and don’t cook with them.
How long will it take to see results? Results will vary depending on your animal’s condition and diet. Dinovite recommends you keep at it for 90 days to see effective results.
Since Dinovite sells several different types of products, it’s important to use them as intended by following the feeding directions on the packaging.
Dinovite Reviews: Pros and Cons
As part of our review, we researched what plenty of pet parents had to say about Dinovite products. Here’s what stood out to us:
Things We Like
- Dinovite has been on the market since 2001 and some dog owners in forums swear by it.
- Family-owned business that manufactures its all-natural pet products in the USA (Crittenden, Kentucky, to be exact)
- All-natural, nothing synthetic
- Ailments that pet parents have found Dinovite to help with include itchy paws, excessive shedding, hot spots, rough skin, bad odor, and goopy ears
- There are several box sizes to accommodate different dog sizes
- The ingredients do match up with the needs of pets from a nutritional standpoint
- 90-day risk-free trial on your first order
- Free shipping on orders $80 and above (contiguous U.S. only)
Things to Consider
- Some of the ingredients in Dinovite can be found in pet food already.
- For best results, Dinovite recommends feeding a diet that is high in meat protein and low/no carbs, grains and starches
- As with any new supplement, you should check in with your veterinarian before giving it to your pet
- Some pets may experience digestive upset when they first start taking the supplement—it can take time for the body to adjust when starting digestive enzymes
- Dinovite is only available for purchase online, you can’t buy it in stores
- There are other pet supplements on the market to consider at different price points.
Dinovite: Our Verdict
After researching the ins and outs of Dinovite, we would recommend this to you for your pet. It may take time to see results—the benefits are not going to happen overnight—so it will require proper planning and patience on your part. But if a daily whole food supplement like Dinovite can help support your furry friend’s body function—and potentially help with pesky issues like itchy paws, excessive shedding, hot spots, rough skin, bad odor, or goopy ears—then it should be worth the wait.
As with everything else, if your pet is in bad shape, it’s important to take him or her to a vet to assess your options and identify any underlying health issues, rather than relying purely on a nutritional supplement.