Video: A Trainer’s Top Tips for Crate-Training an Adult Dog
Have you been putting off crate training, because you’re not sure how to start? With the right approach, even an adult dog can learn to love the crate — and there are plenty of reasons why the training is worth the effort: A crate can provide an ideal spot for your dog to relax and unwind, and can make transporting him in the car safe and easy. If your dog tolerates his crate but doesn’t enjoy it, or is new to crating altogether, check out the video below for advice from trainer Mikkel Becker.
More on Vetstreet:
- Step-by-Step Guide to Crate-Training Your Dog
- Dog Training A-to-Z: A Glossary of Terms
- Video: Does Your Dog Seem to Bark Just for the Fun of It? Here’s What You Can Do
- Am I a Bad Pet Owner If My Dog Won’t Follow Basic Commands?
- Vetstreet’s Top Dog Training Videos