Video: Train Your Dog to Make Eye Contact
Giving eye contact is part of normal social interaction for people in many cultures — but for dogs, direct eye contact can be rather rude or even threatening. It’s important to teach your dog to give eye contact on cue to prevent fear or aggression when someone looks your dog in the eye. And it’s also a good way to get your dog’s attention when you need it.
Training eye contact is a beneficial behavior that can be done in only a couple of easy steps. Mikkel Becker shows you how.
More on Vetstreet:
- 10 Things to NOT Say to Your Vet
- 7 Signs You Shouldn’t Get a Dog
- Do’s and Don’ts for New Dog Owners
- Foods You Should Never Feed Your Pet
- 10 Questions Vets Really Wish You Would Ask
- Top 10 Common Pet Disorders Vets Dread the Most