7 Signs Your Dog Owns You
by Laura Cross
Published on August 04, 2014
You might proudly call yourself a dog owner, pet parent or canine guardian, but let’s be real: Your dog owns you. You might be laughing now, but think about it — you’ve surrendered the best seat on the sofa to him, you plan your entire weekend around his trips to the dog park, and you take him to the groomer more often than you get your own hair cut.
And let’s not forget who’s in every photo on your Facebook and Instagram feeds.
Sound familiar? We thought so. But in case you still think you’re in charge, here are seven classic signs that your dog is the one calling the shots.
1. She dresses better than you do.
2. He gets first dibs on what to watch on TV.
3. She takes you for walks.
4. He only sleeps on your side of the bed.
5. He has more toys than your kids.
6. She has her own Instagram account — and it has more followers than yours.
7. Going on vacation without your pup is not an option.
More on Vetstreet.com: