As a veterinarian, one of my dreams is to be able to talk with my patients. I imagine how much easier it would be to reach diagnoses and provide care if they simply told me where it hurt and what had caused their injury.
For pet owners, this skill would let people know when their pets need to see a doctor and when they’re just having "an off day." Unfortunately, pets keep lots of secrets. That means when their behaviors change or they become ill, taking pets to the veterinarian’s office is the safest way to make sure everything is OK. Until pets can talk, feel free to call your veterinarian whenever you have concerns about your pet’s health.
See more posts by Dr. Andy Roark.
More on Vetstreet:
- Why Does My Dog Sleep Belly Up?
- 5 Cat Care Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
- Is a Dry Nose Really a Sign Your Dog is Sick?
- Why You Shouldn’t Avoid Your Pet’s Annual Exam
- Conversations With My Cat: Peeing Outside the Litterbox