Two Dogs in Flint, Michigan, Test Positive for Lead Toxicity
Two dogs who live in the Flint, Michigan, area have tested positive for lead toxicity, prompting officials to remind residents that their pets need to drink filtered or bottled water, too.
Flint is the site of a water crisis, with children suffering from lead in the area’s water. The dogs are the first two to be confirmed with lead toxicity in the state in five years, and both have occurred in the last six months. One of the affected dogs was a stray and the other was a pet.
Both dogs are alive, but the state report doesn’t specify how high their lead levels were, or what symptoms they had, said state veterinarian Dr. James Averill. — Read it at Yahoo Health