Are Guinea Pigs Good Pets? Here’s What to Know Before You Bring One Home
Guinea pigs can make great pets, especially for families with children who are looking for an interactive, low-maintenance animal. They tend to be affectionate, hardy and fairly easy to care for.
Before you rush out and buy or adopt a guinea pig, take time to learn about their care, so you can be sure a guinea pig is right for you. Dr. Laurie Hess shares what you need to know in the video below.
More on Vetstreet:
- Surprising Facts About Guinea Pigs
- A Guide to Dental Care for Exotic Pets
- The Friendliest Exotic Pets You Can Have
- How Do You Cope With the Loss of a Pet?
- Should You Get a Pet Rabbit? Watch This First
- 5 Facts That Will Change the Way You Think About Rats