Veterinarians in Oregon found 43 socks in a Great Dane's stomach.

The owners of a 3-year-old Great Dane brought him in to DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital in Portland, Oregon, when he was vomiting. X-rays showed a lot of foreign material in his stomach. When doctors did surgery to remove it, they were shocked to discover he’d eaten 43 ½ socks. They "kept removing sock after sock of all different shapes and sizes," said Dr. Ashley Magee. The procedure went smoothly and he was discharged the next day. He’s doing just fine now — and we’re sure his owners are carefully guarding their socks. The incident happened in February and was submitted to the annual “They Ate WHAT?” contest at Veterinary Practice News, which was published on August 27. — Read it at USA Today